Min WU,VP development in Club Med, graduate from France EM Lyon Business School, it has been seven years since she had joined Club Med in 2010. Min is in charge of the business development, she also had years’ experience in real estate company.
Zoe Wu is a Director for Horwath HTL and the founding member of the Shanghai Office. Ms. Wu has close to 20 years of hospitality industry experience from the US, Canada, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. Ms Wu has been involved in feasibility studies, market research, financial forecasts, cash flow analysis and master planning projects in both the hotel and food & beverage industries in China, Thailand, Taiwan and Vietnam. Prior to joining HHTL, Ms. Wu was responsible for the regional education and training for Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts North America, and Grand Hyatt Taipei in the preceding years. Ms. Wu also spent two years with Driving Revenue in Washington DC as a marketing consultant specializing in hotel market analysis. Ms. Wu holds both Bachelors and Masters degree from Cornell University School of Hotel Administration and is the current president of the Cornell Hotel Society Shanghai Chapter and the past president of the Hong Kong Chapter.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
SVP - Head of Acquisitions & Development Greater China
Mr. Nong Xia joined Starwood Hotels and Resorts April 2015 as the Senior Vice President - Greater China, and is fully in charge of the acquisitions and development in mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao. Prior to Starwood Mr. Nong Xia worked for Hyatt Hotels Corporation for 14 years where he started as an analyst in headquarters at Chicago, and later on was relocated back to Beijing where he founded the China subsidiary and headed Hyatt’s China expansion for past 10 years as the Senior Vice President. Mr. Nong Xia is the leading figure of the China hospitality industry and a senior expert in hotel development. During past decade, he led the team to work closely with various renowned real estate developers and successfully developed dozens of world class hotels and resorts in the greater China. Mr. Nong Xia is also a pioneer in the middle scale select service hotel segment.As the thinker and advocator of the China hospitality industry, Mr. Nong Xia’s expertise is not only on general hotel development strategy, but also emerging new business models such as strata tittle hotel, timeshare, branded property and all-inclusive resort. Mr. Nong Xia is a regular speaker in various industry conferences where he shares the knowledge and expertise to the industry peers. Mr. Nong Xia has won numerous prizes and awards for his outstanding contribution to the hotel industry. Before joining Hyatt, Mr. Xia worked in Nomura Securities Co., Ltd.. and gained extensive experiences in finance and investment. Mr. Xia was graduated with B.A. in Economics from Keio University in Tokyo, Japan and holds an M.B.A degree from Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.Mr. Xia is also an active runner and has completed Chicago Marathon (2014) and Tokyo Marathon (2015).
Summa Spa Naturopathic Institute International
Founder & Principal
• Founder of Summa SPA and Summa Spa Institute
• Certified Instructor of Complementary Therapies of CIBTAC (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology), an internationally recognized council based in United Kingdom
• Certified Aroma Therapy lecturer and practitioner of IAAMA (The International Aromatherapy and Aromatic Medicine Association) based in Australia
• Member of Judging Panel of Spa China's Annual ‘Best Spa Awards’
• Winner of Spa China's "Best Educator of the Year" in 2010;
• Well known author and contributor to Spa China, Inner Light《心探索》、China Beauty 《中国美容》 and other China’s major publications in alternative therapies and cosmetics
• Frequent speaker at local and international corporate functions
• Developed private branded “Life’s Whisper” – a line of specially formulated Aromatherapy products that are well received
Based on her extensive travels around the world, Ms. Summer witnessed and was fascinated by one’s own internal healing mechanism. Ms. Summer upholds the philosophies of naturopathic healing and truly believes everyone can benefit and can be healed by incorporating nature's energy to stimulate self-healing.
During the past few decades, Ms. Summer actively pursued the study of natural healing to treat patients and individuals who are either physically or emotionally afflicted. She is also very focused on fusing Western natural healing disciplines into Chinese health maintenance philosophies. By incorporating her extensive knowledge and mastery of skills in Aromatherapy, Yoga, Reiki, Crystal therapies, color therapy, flower essence therapy, KORE therapy and Himalaya Singing Bowl sound healing, Ms. Summer successfully treated countless individuals who find relief and become ‘whole’ again.
Through Summa SPA Institute, thousands of graduates holding international qualifications and accreditation for Aromatherapy, SPA management and preventive medicine were trained and are now working in the hospitality and medical areas.
As a true believer and disciple of balance, Ms. Summer’s well-rounded personality is also a tool to facilitate healing. She encourages her students to explore the beauty and surviving wisdom of plants, discover the pleasure hidden in daily life, balance physical and mental health, be thankful, and to bring harmony to work and life.
Inspired by years of experience in treating individual patients, Ms. Summer formulated and developed her own brand of natural essential oil - "Life Whisper" in 2009. The line of essential oils uplifted aromatherapy to a higher level, it is not only applied to maintain daily health, and also helps to blend with the life, emotion and family well-beings. "Life Whisper" has been well received by the industry and used by many hotels and club Spa.
Mr. Nic Xie is a consultant of Horwath HTL based in Shanghai. He has completed over twelve hotel and resort projects in major cities and destinations in China, and currently his areas of focus include market and financial feasibility studies, hotel positioning and investment risk assessments, tourism master planning and land-use studies, as well as hotel performance evaluation and asset management.
Mr. Xie graduated from Maastricht Hotel Management School in the Netherlands, and he was selected for the international exchange program to Pennsylvania State University in the USA. Prior to joining Horwath HTL, he completed an operational internship at Dubai CORP Executive Hotel with a focus on sales & marketing, as well as a F&B Manager in Training program in Washington Dulles Airport Marriott in D.C..
Shanghai Smart Travel Investment Co., Ltd.
Mr. Xie graduated from Shanghai Fudan University with degree of journalism. He engaged in media area for many years, and found “Info” series journals which the top sales in Yangtze River Delta region compared with other similarities. Particularly, is one of the most popular journal brands in domestic travel industry. With the rich experience, the sharp comments, distinctive language style, and the precise analysis to the hotels, Mr. Xie has been called the master of tourism and hospitality industry by his epigones.
Since 2006 be founded which introduce the high-quality and novel travel experiences to the public
2007 Member Club be founded
2009 official website online; Shanghai Jansen
International Travel Service Co., Ltd. be founded
2013 Shanghai SmartTravel Investment Co., Ltd. be founded;
Member Club be changed to Smart Travel
Member Club. Until to now, the enrolled members in the
club have been over 300,000.
Legendale Hotel Beijing
• Chairman of the Expert Committee of China Tourist Hotel Star-Rating Committee
• Served two terms of the China Tourist Hotels Association as Vice Chairman, now as the consultant to the China Tourist Hotels Association
• Serves as Vice Chairman of Beijing Tourism Industry Association, and Hotel Branch Chairman
• Serves as the National Star-Rating Inspector for over 16 years
• Draftsman of 'Classification & Accreditation for Star-rated Tourist Hotels' 2010 edition, 'Code for Design of Hotel Building' issued by MOHURD of P.R.C, and 'Emergency Processing Standard for China Tourist Hotels' issued by China Tourist Hotels Association in 2008
• Committee member of National Technical Committee on Tourisms of Standardization Administration of China
• Over 28 years experience and leadership in all aspect of hospitality and hotel ownership, hotel investment, development and operations
• Leaded and managed the entire pre-opening procedure of Hong Kong Macau Center Swissotel Beijing and managed the company as Executive Director and General Manager from 1987 to 2011.
• As consultant and gave professional advices to more than ten hotel properties’ pre-opening, including how to choose hotel management brand, hotel management contracting, negotiating with hotel management companies and so on.
• As one of the answerers of Beijing Hotel Association in its presentation to the International Olympic Committee, helped with its successful bid for the 2008 Olympics / Paralympics. Olympic\Paralympics Village Accommodation Operation Team Deputy Executive General Manager.
• Forecasted and calculated the Beijing Olympic hotels room rate of 2022 and served as one of the answerers in Accommodation part as requested by Beijing IOC for its successful bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games.
Kurt Xu Architect. Inc. (KXA)
Founder and Partner of KXA
Member of American Institute of Architects
Registered Architect of CA、Hawaii & Arizona
Department of Architecture , Tsinghua University
Ke Kurt Xu has witnessed and experienced, in great depth, Eastern and Western cultures, education, life, and work in a different economy. With his profound Chinese philosophical thinking as his starting point, and the integration of western science, logic, leisure and other social concepts, he created KXA in 1997. In 2003 KXA landed in China by way of an "East meets West Open Concept," which integrated Chinese leisure designs as well as natural, cultural and human factors. For more than 10 years he has focused his strategic direction of leisure and recreational design over the span of nearly 200 projects and has accumulated a wealth of practical experience in this field.
Nansha Aoyuan, Luneng Hilton Haikou, Continental Hope Group Atlantis Palace Hotel, Western Region of Xinjiang Grand Bazaar, Suning Universal Stone Commercial Street, Dalian Luneng Hilton Hotel, Nanning Landscape and Cultural Projects, Aeolus Commune, Haikou Red Flag Town Leisure Resorts, Xi'an Leisure Resort, Suzhou Health Park Boutique Hotel and Spa, Five-Star Hotel and Commercial Street in the Ancient City of Jingzhou, Fortune Hotel Sanya, Longfor Hechuang Fishing Island Tourism Real Estate, Guiyang Yangming Schools and International Schools, Qinzhou Ping Shan Island, The New Changnan Urban Planning, Jinlin Bay Leisure Resort of Fushun, China Rose Valley, Luneng Wenchang Qishui Bay Resort and nearly 200 other leisure-quality brigades of planning hotel resorts, commercial entertainment locations, and performing arts tourism projects.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
VP, Real Estate & Development
Mr. Owen Xing is the Vice President – Real Estate & Development of Hyatt International Hotels Group responsible for hotel development in mainland China, Taiwan and Mongolia. Owen also leads the Hyatt Branded Residences business expansion in the Region.
Before joining Hyatt, he was Regional Director of Development in IHG responsible for development of all IHG brands in Greater China. Previously, Owen also held different senior positions in several prestigious companies like Jones Lang LaSalle and Fuh Wah International Group, etc.
With master degree in International Real Estate from HK Polytechnic University plus more 10 years’ experiences in hotel development, Owen has extensive knowledge of hotel and real estate development in greater China region.
Yangbangsheng & Associates
CEO & Creative Director
APHDA Vice President
Shenzhen Association of Interior Designers Rotating President
ADCC Vice Director
CBDA Vice Director
Mr. Yang Bangsheng is the most influential hotel designer in China and he advocates designing Chinese unique cultural hotels. He established YANG in 1997 and embarked on the road of international brand hotel design. With nearly 300 design talents, he has designed over 150 luxury hotels for STARWOOD, HYATT, IHG, KEMPINSKI, MARRIOTT, HILTON, CARLSON, ACCOR, HARDROCK and ANANTARA etc. Mr. Yang Bangsheng is adept in exploring the uniqueness of oriental aesthetics and integrating history, culture and art into spaces. He is also in persistant pursuit of an internationalized interpretation of unique cultural hotels to achieve the returning of culture and nature in spaces. He has won over 160 professional adwards, including the much coveted Best of Hotel Category Award in the IIDA Global Excellence Awards Competition and the 34th Annual Gold Key Award for Excellence in Hospitality Design.